2016 Formosan Summer School on Logic, Language, and Computation
Aim and Scope
Researchers in Taiwan who are interested in the foundational aspects of computing science have founded a number of research teams and worked together in some joint projects. As in any discipline, a student will have to go through a series of courses to be prepared for further research in this field. Being affiliated to different institutes, however, the researchers often find it difficult to lecture all these courses alone. It is thus desirable to bring together those who share a common interest and give lectures together.
The aim of this summer school is to give a collection of courses that would prepare the students with enough knowledge to carry on research in foundational computing science. The courses on the even years cover advanced topics in programming languages, those on the odd years on model checking and program verification. The theme of this year is “Advanced Programming Languages and Type Systems”.
The summer school consists of 54 hours of lectures and lab/tutor sessions. In addition, there is a 3-hour exam and a 3-hour research seminar. Students who passed the exam will be awarded 3 credits from National Taiwan University.
Date and Venue
From 04th July (Monday) to 15th July (Friday) in National Taiwan University. The exact venue is to be announced.
|Functional Programming||FP||12||陳恭 Kung Chen
穆信成 Shin-Cheng Mu
|Lambda Calculus and Types||LCT||09||陳亮廷 Liang-Ting Chen|
|Elementary Logic||EmL||06||柯向上 Hsiang-Shang Ko|
|Martin-Löf Type Theory||MLT||06||柯向上 Hsiang-Shang Ko|
|Dependently Typed Programming||DTP||09||穆信成 Shin-Cheng Mu|
|The taste of probabilistic programming and modeling||SL||09||Oleg Kiselyov|
|Pragmatics of Programming Language Design||Talk||03||Robby Findler|
The summer school is jointly organised by
- Institute of Information Science, Academia Sinica
- Department of Information Management, National Taiwan University
- Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering, National Taiwan University
- Department of Electrical Engineering, National Taiwan University
It is an official summer course offered by National Taiwan University.
- 陳恭 Kung Chen, Department of Computer Science, National Chengchi University
- 莊庭瑞 Tyng-Ruey Chuang, Institute of Information Science, Academia Sinica、Department of Information Management, National Taiwan University
- 穆信成 Shin-Cheng Mu, Institute of Information Science, Academia Sinica、Department of Information Management, National Taiwan University
- 蔡益坤 Yih-Kuen Tsay, Department of Information Management, National Taiwan University
- 王柏堯 Bow-Yaw Wang, Institute of Information Science, Academia Sinica
- 陳亮廷 Liang-Ting Chen, Department of Information and Computer Sciences, University of Hawaii at Manoa
- 柯向上 Hsiang-Shang Ko, National Institute of Informatics
- 張少娟 Shao-Chuan Chang, Academia Sinica